The notifications has been came to have entry for PhDs through CSIR-NET, GATE and IIM offering fellow programme in management (equal to PhDs) for admissions. In engineering, management and other professional education related colleges, there is lack of professor’s post said by central government. So the PhD completed candidates have bright future and chances are more for them. At one side they can have high status in the academy and at other side this is the way that is PhD related
PhD full form……. Doctor of philosophy. In this the word philosophy is more philosophy is more important. PhD is not related to philosophy subject universities of various countries are offering the PhD course. For the candidate who wants to do PhD should go in his process based on original thinking. They should have already gone in Research with the professor or guides about the related subjects. PhD can be completed in other courses also.
There are so many people doing jobs and completing PhD also.
What is the use of doing PhD?
- Many things can be invented in their favorite field by undergoing various researches.
- A unique topic can be taken which is not said by all and deep research can be done and will create a new record.
- Can go higher at National/International level by completing PhD.
- Through PhD, there will be attracting offers in R and D part for jobs in the career.
- After completing the PhD, Doctor can be whitened before the name and it is great and identifiable opportunity.
Qualification to do PhD:-
- The minimum qualification to do PhD is in any related subjects post graduation (PG) with 55% marks.
- Along with PG, UGC – NET score is also compulsory.
- Some universities are conducting their own Entrance Examination for PhD. Some universities are asking Graduate aptitude test and junior research fellowships.
- In IIM, equal to PhD for fellow program in management CAT / GATE / GRE / JRF (UGC / CSIR) score is important.
- Some universities are asking 60% marks in four years Engineering and work experience.
- To encourage PhD in engineering sciences this year UGC has included engineering science in CSIR – NET subjects.
- No age limit for PhD.
- IISC Bangalore institutes are offering integrated PhD.
- Full – Time, part-time are also there in PhD.
From how many years PhD can be completed?
- Full time PhD should be completed from 3 years to 6 years.
- Part-time PhD should be completed from 4 years to 7 years.
Right time to join in PhD?
- It is not tough to complete PhD not easy also PhD should be done with full confidence and interest to get doctorate in the right time.
- To compare PhD, so much of time should be allocated.
- To do Research for four years, the needed financial support should be arranged.
- The selected topic should be clear.
- So many universities will advice to have guides before applying itself. So the selection of guide related to research fields is more important.
- If the guide is not interested with the research will be difficult.
How to apply for PhD?
- IITs, IIMs, Central, state universities, Deemed universities, IGNOV are the distance education offering universities and other institutes every year they are releasing notification on PhD.
- Based the notifications released by the universities and institutes, students should attend the entrance exam and apply to it within the specified time.
- Some universities are conducting their own written test, Group discussion and interviews.
- Various universities are offering PhD in distance education. Before joining in that, their identification, Encouragement for the research and other facilities related information must be known.
- Topic related should be finalized with the guide.
- The application must be full field and sent to the related universities and institutes based on notification. Then the university department head with give allowance for the topic.
- Based on applied university terms and conditions written test/interview or both will be conducted.