Internet connection has really taken a new turn. Remember the days when Fiber optic cables? You need fiber experts to bring and connect the internet. Okay! It works on well but it’s routers and home wireless internet surpass the fiber cables. Take UBNT rocket m2 or m5 which are from a recognized brand and can be used for both home office internets.
About UBNT wireless networks
Probably heard of Ubiquiti networks, this are famous wireless networks from the San Jose which originated from California. Its abbreviated as UBNT and goes for two modes M2 and M5 which simply frequency.
It greatly like for the low prices and quality services finding its way at many offices and homes. It’s easy and cheap thus making it the love of many. The network accommodates low-cost network devices like IP cameras, network switches etc. you don’t require internet experts to configure the gadget.
UBNT rocket m2 and UBNT m5
I bet the difference is the number, which is very true though on a layman’s view. Let’s see what quite the difference. The two work on well however, the differences appear at the frequency. The M2 basically stands for 2.4 GHz frequency and rocket M5 states 5GHz frequency. See we were on the right truck.
This also makes a difference, for the rocket M2 it’s used mainly indoors. Home WI-FI or internet. While the rocket M5 is for the outdoor where it can be used by many devices.
How to configure UBNT rocket M2 and M5?
With the knowledge of the differences, configuring is easy. They both use the same method but for frequency use different devices.
- First check your device that is laptop, computer. The LAN IP should be same with the UBNT default IP address.
- The device and the UBNT IP address should look like this UBNT 192.168.1.20 and laptop or the PC to be like 192.168. 1.2 to…. 254.
- The username is ubnt in small letters.
- The password again should resemble the username ubnt.
- No visit the wireless tab.
- Click on the wireless mode followed by the access point.
- Select the frequency level according to the devices involved.
- Click on the wireless security
- Now set it to have network protection.
Remember the wireless mode be access point or access point WDS for the devices connected.
- For the SSID fill in the name of the network provided though it will be showing up when the device is scanned.
- Country codes are given in accordance to the country one belongs to.
- IEEE 802.11 mode. For the M2 use BGN and M5 use A/N.
- About the channel width: this only applies with the bandwidth you are using. Plus, the devices you are using determine the width.
- Frequency, MHz: each rocket has different frequency as discussed earlier, for the M2 rocket the user should go for 2412…2462. The M5 is much higher and can be used according to the location of the network.
- Output power: this the energy used in transmitting. If the gadget is close one should reduce the output power help in maintaining the device.