Some of tips on How to Disable Windows Update in Windows 10 OS…
Updates are one of the best happening on one computer. New systems will be introduced and update to what is latest. Nonetheless this becomes irritating when the windows keep on bring up the new programs which sometime may slow the functionality of the PC.
The updates have to appear since the PC and the windows supporting are been set automatically. Some of the updates bring up issue which affect the computer system. It should be note that windows updates can never be permanently deleted but can be temporarily.
Windows 10 is one of the windows which won’t let you switch the updates permanently. Meaning you have to live with the update issue. However there ways to stop it for a given time, you need to keep updating it and reduce the updates.
Methods to stop the windows 10 updates
Changing the group policy: This a method which will inform you about the updates but will never install them. The method has a limitation on window 10 home edition but works for windows 10 pre-anniversary edition. The education and enterprise edition work well with windows 10 and the group policy method performs best in stopping the updates.
- First go PC and select the start button which is always on the left of your device.
- On the search box enter the word run. The system will automatically open the run program.
- Here you will perform a procedure to start the group policy editor. Use the abbreviations gpedit.msc
- Now select the OK button to open group policy editor.
- Go to the windows update folder and open the administrative file, component file then back to the windows update.
- You will see an option “configure automatic update” edit the windows properties on this page.
- Now select the enable check box.
- Go to the “configure automatic updating”.
- On the same page look for a button to help you get notices on downloads and installations.
- Press the OK button and then repeat the whole procedure to ensure it is working.
Disabling the windows update service
With this method the system will disable the windows 10 and no updates will be received for the given time. However the system will reset back if not windows update again. This means one needs to keep checking for the system not open again and let the automatic updates. We have different ways steps to in this method on how to disable.
- Using your device go to windows icon which will be located at the left part of the screen.
- On the search bar key in the word “service”.
- The service image will be displayed on the screen. Basically the service icon looks lick two gears.
- The page should open and here you will find the windows update, double click to get the properties.
- After this go to the top of the page and select general button. When the list opens get the startup button.
- In seconds a new page appears with an option of disable windows update. The disabling will happen for few date, the pop up again. Keep checking to stop the updates.
- Press the OK button to finish up the process but note this is not permanent and should be checked regularly.